The perfect Spring Racing cocktail
The Spring Carnival is upon us here in Melbourne and I have the perfect Spring Carnival cocktail for you. This is a twist on a classic, the Cosmopolitan but what a difference a few ingredients make. This cocktail is delightful in taste and fragrance, the secret being rosewater essence.
Make a big batch and serve in cosmopolitan glasses or cute vintage glasses like I did. The apples make this cocktail great for all seasons. I can picture it served at Christmas or at a fall wedding. Any occasion where you are with loved ones, as the rosewater essence makes this drink a little more special and romantic.
This cocktail recipe is not one you can keep to yourself, so put on a brunch or afternoon soirée, grab a group of friends, dress up and enjoy.
- 60ml Vodka
- 30ml Cointreau
- 180ml Organic Apple and Cranberry Juice (Dux Groceries)
- 3-4 drops of Rosewater essence
- 1-2 Apples (peel for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail mixer filled with ice, shake and serve. Garnish with a bit of apple peel.
- Serves 1
- + 30ml = 1 shot
- + if you can't get a pre-mixed juice, use equal parts of organic apple juice and cranberry juice