Last weekend we had a BBQ for Grand Final Day (the equilavent of Superbowl for our nation’s sport, Aussie Rules) – ironically, the majority of our guests follow Gridiron passionately (my husband has played Gridiron for the last 10+ years)! I love these casual get togethers, friends together, kids running past us, chatter and laughter. This is one of my favourite, tastiest dips for entertaining. The lemon + tomato mixed with the avocado and the sharpness of the onion makes this dip fresh, with just the right amount of bite!
- 2 x avocado
- 1 x tomato
- Red onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Slice avocado in half, remove flesh and mash with a fork.
- 2. Squeeze half the juice of a lemon into mixture.
- 3. Dice tomato into small pieces (remove excess seeds as they hold to much juice) and add to mixture.
- 4. Cut a few slices of red onion, dice into small pieces and add to mixture.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Gentle combine all ingredients.