My little boy turns 4 today (Happy Birthday munchkin) and I thought the occasion called for a sugary treat. This is my mum’s recipe and always a winner at every gathering. I would love you to let me know how you go (I bet you taste some before it is cool).
- 1/2 cup of popcorn
- 250g of butter
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 1/2 cups of castor sugar
- Cook popcorn, place in large mixing bowl.
- Combine butter, sugar and honey in heavy based saucepan. Stir over heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to boil, simmer uncovered until mixture turns golden brown colour. Leave on for approximately 2 more minutes stirring. Do not let mixture burn.
- Pour over popcorn and stir with spatula or spoon (Warning: toffee mixture with burn, stir with a long spoon).
- Spread mixture onto two baking trays lined with baking paper.
- When cool, break into pieces and eat.
- + Store in airtight container.
TIP – Remove from heat when colour is golden brown, this will give the toffee a bit of chew.