Add some flavour to your roast vegetables with the delicious balsamic glaze. Thick and sticky, it makes the perfect dressing for your Winter roast. With only two ingredients it’s also extremely simple to make. I personally love the flavour of balsamic dressing and this glaze has the depth of the balsamic vinegar without it’s tartness. You can either pour the glaze over the roast vegetables once the vegetables are roasted (like I did) or add the glaze to the roast vegetables for the last 5-10mins. This allows the glaze to get extra sticky. Just make sure you watch it, so it doesn’t burn. This glaze can also be used on your roast meat too! Store any left over glaze in the fridge. This glaze is also great as a dipping sauce with toasted foccacia and dhukka.
- 2 cups of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1. Mix balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, approx 20 minutes.
- 2. Pour over roast vegetables or meat.
- + Glaze should coat the back of a spoon.
- + To store, let cool and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What’s your favourite condiment on a roast? Share in the comments below.